This is a delicious, healthy snack that I like to eat any time of the day. It’s also another type of dish that lends itself well to experimentation. Enjoy!
1. Start by marinating some red onions in salt and lime juice.
2. Drain and rinse the hearts of palm.
3. Chop the hearts of palm, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeno.
4. Combine everything in a bowl, season with salt and spices, then refrigerate. A touch of olive oil adds a nice flavor too.
5. Finally, add the avocado and serve with chips, tostadas, or just dive in with a fork. Add some hot sauce too if you’d like to spice it up.